Thursday 4 September 2008

Greetings from Scenesterville

In the interest of all who are lucky enough to study these hallowed scriptures, I' not actually massively into everyone who hangs around Brick Lane. In fact, I think some of them look like total cocks. Grown, heterosexual men walking with a gait more contrived than Kate Moss with the clap. I know I wear jeans that dangerously lower my sperm count but some of the outfits, well- there must be prizes for wearing the most colours in one outfit.

Anyway, without wanting to sound like some second-rate gossip rag hack, a lot of people here are cool. A lot more aren't. I'll keep it at that.

My latest incarnation, as many will already know, is as chief music reviewer for a wonderful publication called PIMP magazine. There are loads of good features to the job including freedom to write creative articles, license to create features and trends. The best part by a mile, though, is my mail. How many of you get this as your mailing address?

Sean-Pimp.

I have arrived. Anyhow, as a superfly sage of the airwaves I'd better give you all a very small list of tunes that've been giving me pleasure over the last few weeks:

Golden Silvers - Arrows of Eros
Chanty Poe - Weekend Cruise (Mark Moore, Kinky Rowland & S Express Mix)
Ja Ja Wunderbar - Paper Jam
Johnny Foreigner - Salt, Peppa & Spinderella (Bloc Party Remix)
Utah Saints - Something Good (High Contrast Remix)
Late of the Pier - Heartbeat
Micachu - Just in Case
Onra - Relax in Mui Shi
Metronomy - Radio Ladio

So, enjoy that- hope I can be of some service. Oh, and I'll be posting my first mix which I made I while ago, 'Order!', in the coming days- as soon as I get back to Dartford from the Tottenham gaff to sort out my ipod.

Bye bye

No comments: